Man admits causing deaths of three teens in crash

A man has admitted causing the deaths by careless driving of three teenagers who were killed in a crash on their way home from school.
Edward Spencer, now 19, was driving a Ford Fiesta near Shipston-on-Stour, only five weeks after passing his test, when it crashed with a Fiat 500 on Campden Road in April 2023.
His passengers, Harry Purcell, 17, Matilda "Tilly" Seccombe, 16, and Frank Wormald, 16, all died.
Spencer, from Newbold on Stour, pleaded guilty at Warwick Crown Court to causing death by careless driving and three counts of causing serious injury by careless or inconsiderate driving. He will be sentenced at the court on 28 April.
The four teenagers had been travelling home from Chipping Campden School in Gloucestershire at the time of the crash.
Two children aged 10 and 12, who were traveling in the Fiat with their stepmother, suffered "life-changing" injuries.

Spencer, who was 17 at the time of the crash, had previously pleaded not guilty to all six charges but changed his plea at the hearing on Monday.
Harry's family said after his this death they were "broken" by their loss.
Their statement said: "Our hearts are broken but our love for Harry will live forever.
He was so kind in every way and carried with him a contagious smile that everyone around him loved so much."

Tilly was described as "a beautiful girl" who "made us so happy" by her family.
"Our hearts go out to all who knew her and will share this terrible pain," they said.
Following the guilty plea, Insp Michael Huntley from Warwickshire Police, said: "So many lives have been ruined by this terrible incident.
"I can't begin to imagine the pain this has caused, and our thoughts remain with the individuals and families affected."
Follow BBC Coventry & Warwickshire on BBC Sounds, Facebook, X and Instagram.